apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: New apr_stat/apr_dir_read behavior
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:59:29 GMT
On 1/20/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> If you would like to see 1.2.3 (or 1.3.0) 'corrected' please offer a patch.
> If you are asking for a backport to 0.9.8-dev, we would consider that as well
> as long as there's no change to ABI and no change to the 'expected' behavior
> of the functions.  Or, we have to add an ugly apr_foo_ex() which corresponds
> to new 1.2 code.
>
> We hope someday soon 0.9 goes away, but with so many 2.0 apache and current
> svn installed users, it will take some time, yet.

+1, I'd love to see a backport of this fix, especially if it happens
in time for the next 0.9.x release.  We (where 'we' == subversion
developers) are probably going to want to do a release of APR in the
reasonably near future to push out BDB 4.4 support, since Subversion's
starting to grow support for it now, and in order for that to be
releasable we'll need a version of APR that has configure glue that
will find it (which I already committed to APR, it just hasn't made it
in to a release).

-garrett