apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: UPDATE: [Patch] poll/unix/poll.c:apr_pollset_poll() optimisation
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 01:37:27 GMT
On Jan 4, 2006, at 4:42 PM, gerry@everythingsucks.co.uk wrote:

> Quoting Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>:
>
>> Um, I don't think that's going to work, rv is the number of
>> descriptors that hit, there's nothing that says that if N hit
>> it'll be
>> the first N...
>
> That would be true were I comparing  I<RV but I'm comapring J<RV :D

>>> -    for (i = 0; i < pollset->nelts; i++) {
>>> +    for (i = 0; j < rv; i++) {

I have a vague recollection that there was some reason we couldn't
trust the return value being equal to the number of ready descriptors
on some platform, but I have no time to search the archives for why.
I may be remembering something related to ... er .. that other call
like poll... hmmm, oh, select.  Or maybe I just need more caffeine.

....Roy