apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.2.4 Release
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:14:49 GMT
Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 1/30/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
>>Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>
>>>apr-util won't build on AIX* with native compiler; needs
>>>
>>>http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/apr/apr-util/trunk/dbd/apr_dbd.c?rev=330141&r1=321236&r2=330141&diff_format=h
>>
>>EWWW!  Why not simply pass a function with the proper args and retval,
>>instead of casting this to heck?
>
> FWIW, I agree that it's ugly, but I'm not about to go making larger
> changes just for this release.

Isn't the proper change for the right args/retval to this cleanup function
fewer lines of changes than adding this 'cast magic'?

I expect to prove so shortly, just as soon as I can build Solaris/sunstudio cc.

[FMI - I keep seeing references that libiconv needs to be installed on Solaris
10 to run the sunfreeware.com packages; who was suggesting that apr-iconv is
win32 only?  heh /]