apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Win32 Tests
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 10:33:25 GMT
Garrett Rooney wrote:

> Third, and perhaps most disturbing, the user/group tests actually
> crash, apparently passing invalid gid/uids into functions like
> LookupAccountSid results in a crash...  That seems kind of bad...
> According to the docs I've found on MSDN, SIDs are opaque structures
> allocated by the system, not just random integers like Unix userids
> and groupids, so it's not surprising that this kind of thing doesn't
> work, but if that's the case you'd think we'd ifdef these tests or
> something.

Well in -general- we avoid platform tests, because apr should do all
platform compensation for us.  In this case however, we are abusing
platform knowledge in the test to assume, for example, that user 0
might exist.  That's simply invalid.

> Do windows APR developers just work around this sort of thing?  If so,
> we should really do something about that.  We're a PORTABLE runtime,
> and if we can't manage to make the tests at least run to completion on
> the primary non-unix platform available, that seems like a pretty sad
> state of afairs.

Concurred; I've spent 95% of my time on the flaws in 0.9 (the real world,
running version) and 5% over on the 1.x side.  With the advent of 2.2 httpd,
that is rapidly flipping over.  But yes; in large part the failing tests are
invalid tests in the first place, and the few that aren't need to be addressed
in apr/win32 itself.

Bill