apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: New apr_stat/apr_dir_read behavior
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:14:54 GMT
Andreas Magnusson wrote:

> First, sorry if I sounded off like I thought it was your (as in APRs)
> fault of the problem in Subversion. That was not the meaning.

It might well be there is a bug in Subversion.  I do want you to understand
thought that if you are going to hash out changes to APR, it must happen
here, not on the svn dev lists :)

> I also believe that finding a map between user/group/world and ACLs is
> very difficult, perhaps impossible, so no real blame there!

Yes; this is a non-trivial problem.

> I do *not* think that APR 1.2.2 is in error, but I have to punt the
> question if the change in apr_open_file() should be proposed for
> backport to the more seasoned APR developers, as I do not know if the
> new behavior would need a apr_foo_ex(), or if it would be considered
> "just a bug fix" (read: what is the expected behavior?).

If Windows is consistent with Unix etc, then it's behavior is 'correct'.
If it is inconsistent, we have a bug.

Bill