apr-dev mailing list archives

From "D.J. Heap" <djh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New apr_stat/apr_dir_read behavior
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:17:52 GMT
On 12/12/05, Julian Foad <julianfoad@btopenworld.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Again, you can't just treat failure as success.  I think you need to reconsider
> this in the light of whatever decision is made about the meaning of
> APR_INCOMPLETE for the function apr_dir_read().

Yes, thanks -- you've explained what I was getting at much better.
By 'handle', I meant that if APR was going to return APR_INCOMPLETE,
then Subversion needs to pay attention and only use the information
that was really available.

The little testing I did indicated that APR_INCOMPLETE is (in APR
1.2.2) always being returned on Win32 if APR_FINFO_PROT is passed in
as 'wanted'.

DJ