apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Creating Root-Pools and apr_pool_cleanup_register
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:47:38 GMT
On 12/16/05, Sebastian Morawietz <sebastian.morawietz@lexisnexis.de> wrote:

> So my question is: Is it to be generally considered dangerous to have
> more than one root-pool in an application, or might there be another
> problem in my application, that I have to spend some extra-thinking
> on (this stuff is disgustingly hard to debug ;)?

In theory there should be no problem having multiple root level pools.
 Subversion uses new top level pools for each new error object it
creates, for example, and we haven't had any problems with it.  I'd
expect that there's probably some other problem going on here, and
that the multiple root level pools is not the cause of your issue.

-garrett