apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Gump failures on apr-iconv and apr-util since 2005-11-10
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:03:42 GMT
On 12/22/05, Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org> wrote:

> It would still be very nice to get that one line fixed in apr-iconv
> since apr-util is a dependency for log4cxx.   As long as apr-util is
> not being built by Gump, neither is log4cxx and it eliminates the
> only continuous integration system that reports our build status to
> our list.

Umm, as far as I can tell apr-iconv isn't even listed as a dependency
for apr-util in the gump metadata, it is listed as one for
logging-log4cxx though.  Perhaps removing the dependency from log4cxx
would allow things to continue.  I mean it seems like apr-util should
be picking up the system iconv anyway, since nothing in its metadata
file indicates that it's using apr-iconv at all.

Or I could be missing something, I actually know very little about how
gump works.

Anyway, you have two options, either provide a patch for apr-iconv
that fixes the problem (which I will happily review and apply), or
alter the gump metadata so that you no longer depend on it.

-garrett