apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Gump failures on apr-iconv and apr-util since 2005-11-10
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:09:05 GMT
On 12/20/05, Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org> wrote:

> The code hasn't been changed in over a year, so I'm guessing the
> failure is due to a change in the compiler on the Gump box.  I recall
> encountering problems with this line in other compilers, but I could
> not a patch in my previous bug reports.

The problem started when the Gump people upgraded to a new version of
GCC.  There's even a bug filed about this issue, but nobody has gotten
motivated enough to fix it yet.  In addition to fixing the actual
code, it would be nice if we could list apr-iconv as an optional
dependency, not a required one, since on unix systems it's virtually
never used anyway.  I believe there is a way to make this happen, but
again, nobody has gotten around to changing the Gump configuration.

-garrett