apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r354824 - in /apr/apr/trunk/random/unix: sha2.c sha2.h sha2_glue.c
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 23:08:21 GMT
Brian W. Fitzpatrick wrote:

> If they're not in the public headers, I don't think it's a problem.
>
> This is not a big deal--I am correcting an oversight.

+1, and +1 to applying this patch to 1.2 branch in the case of a 1.2.3
release.

And +1 to making this the convention.

I believe we have to rid ourselves of MD5 (so do our dev/users) and therefore
more SHA choices in the public API are very good things.  But that change can
absolutely happen -after- this change, which is good in and of itself.

Bill