apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: apr-util config, etc.]
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:08:43 GMT
--On November 15, 2005 3:00:38 PM -0500 Chris Darroch
<chrisd@pearsoncmg.com> wrote:

>    My ultimate question, for the impatient, is whether adding
> -R to APRUTIL_LDFLAGS is an appropriate solution when using
> libraries that one expects not to have accompanying .la files.

We've had this discussion several times.  There's a group of developers who
believe we should automatically add the -R flags and an equally vocal
developers who believe that the user must hand-edit ldconfig on their
platform.

At the moment, the folks who advocate not having the -R flag represent our
state of affairs.

>    Now I didn't have a working solution yet, because this was
> just a post-buildconf, post-configure hack.  But, OTOH, the
> libaprutil-1.so was OK, with no undefined dependencies listed
> by ldd.

Setting LDFLAGS before running configure should work, like so:

LDFLAGS="-R/path/to/lib" \
./configure

is an acceptable workaround that should work.  It's what I use.

HTH.  -- justin