apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [Vote] apr-iconv-1.1.1 candidate
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:10:08 GMT
On 10/3/05, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Ping(!)
>
> We have enough votes for 0.9.7 apr[-util/-iconv] and 1.2.2 apr[-util].
>
> Two more eyes on apr-iconv 1.1.1 are appreciated, since I would like to
> release all six candidates today (with an announce tommorrow after the
> mirrors have caught up.)

I just gave this a shot on RHEL 4, and ran into two problems.  First,
the headers don't seem to get installed by make install, which makes
it kind of hard to actually build software that uses apr-iconv.
Second, I can't actually seem to make apr-util use apr-iconv in
preference to the system iconv support, so I can't really tell if it
works or not.  It does seem to build ok though, and the
APR_ICONV1_PATH change seems reasonable to me.

-garrett