apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <bnicho...@novell.com>
Subject Re: apr_wait_for_io_or_timeout() decl in apr_support.h which is in public include directory
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:03:23 GMT
It sounds like we need to expose it correctly now but immediately mark
it as deprecated.  Then in the next release of APR, hide it again.  It
just seems wrong and will continue to cause problems if we leave it half
hidden as it is now.

Brad

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 08:25:42AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> apr_support.h has these comments...
>
> /**
>  * @defgroup apr_support Internal APR support functions
>  * @ingroup APR
>  * @{
>  */
>
> It must be for pragmatic reasons that apr_support.h is in the apr
> include directory instead of include/arch.  Perhaps
> include/arch/apr_private_common.h is more appropriate?

Ouch, yes, definitely.  I wonder whether we need to have an argument
about whether unintentially exposed functions constitute part of the ABI

or not first before hiding this again...

joe