apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Win32 build files and eol-style
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:10:45 GMT
André Malo wrote:

> I haven't deeply looked into the stuff yet, but subversion for example
> generates all its *.dsp files in the checkout. Perhaps it's the point where
> we should do it the same way? That would solve the whole \n problem for
> these files.

Adding Python as a prerequisite to even checking out the files?  No way.

At that point, we have awk (100kb download at most), perl and python all
depending on exactly what you are trying to do.  This isn't overkill?

On the other hand, perhaps it's time to start distributing .py equivilants
of the various .pl examples/tools in httpd - permitting users either/or.

FYI - yes I've become a huge fan of python, at least once psyco is added :)
But it sure violates any principal of KISS.

Bill