apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Win32 build files and eol-style
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:25:16 GMT
Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

>>I see no real reason why they should be forced to have the CRLF line
>>endings in all cases.
>
> Why not? My real reason is wanting to have a single checkout for windows
> and unix work. I'd like to halve the workload associated with verifying
> changes. Visual studio can handle the unix endlines in all of the .c and
> .h files just fine, it's only the build files that are breaking things,
> and these are windows-only files.

Well, I agree with you, but OTOH the svn offers something that CVS
never did, and that is native eol style.

I remember days when I was changing .dsw and .dsp files to
binary format (!?).
Anyhow, from my point of view, the things are just fine, because
I don't have to take care of eol style before committing.
If you think that the .dsw and .dsp exceptions would ease the
things, I'm fine with that.
Although I don't see how that would help you create a .zip distro
where all text files must have CRLF line endings.

Regards,
Mladen.