apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Win32 build files and eol-style
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:03:40 GMT
Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> I'd like to turn the svn:eol-style attribute off for the windown build
> files (files ending in .dsp, .dsw and win32ver.awk), and have them
> stored in win32 new-line format in the repository.
>
> Any objections?

I'm not sure you can use the .dsw and .dsp file outside windows,
and on windows the files are already in CRLF when checked out
on that platform. IMO any .zip source distro should be made with
CRLF line endings for all non-binary files, so again no problem
there. There is even a perl script (lineends.pl) for those that
wish to create CRLF distros on non-windows platform.

I see no real reason why they should be forced to have the CRLF line
endings in all cases. So, yes, I think it's useless to enforce
something like that.

Regards,
Mladen.