apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: apr-util config, etc.
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:34:10 GMT
On Tuesday 15 November 2005 20:44, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On November 15, 2005 3:36:39 PM -0500 Chris Darroch

(For the record, Chris and I have developed an apr_dbd_oracle
driver which we'll soon be contributing to APR)

> >    At any rate, I've still got a problem on my hands, because
> > to deal with Oracle I need to get something into $LINK after
> > $COMPILE, which means one of LDFLAGS, EXTRA_LDFLAGS, or
> > NOTEST_LDFLAGS in build/rules.mk.  No amount of fiddling
> > with prior-to-configure env vars has allowed me to do this;
> > although things turn up in config.nice, they don't make it
> > into the actual make process.  Any help appreciated!  Thanks!
>
> I'm not sure what your problem is here.

Oracle requires not just its own paths for headers and client lib,
but also its own environment variables.  For runtime, putting it
in httpd's envvars by hand works fine, but it doesn't automate
the build.

--
Nick Kew