apr-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: Bundled hello world
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 14:58:18 GMT
On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 12:36:46PM +0000, David Reid wrote:
> > This is going to need maintaining, not much, but over time, things will
> > have to be changed. Not having it live in ASF svn would be a real pain.
> > Is PD material currently hostable on ASF infrastructure?
>
> If it's not we can host it elsewhere, but I don't see why it shouldn't
> be hostable by the asf. I'd actually like to see us expand the examples
> so that we have a few that cover some of the advanced features, and
> maybe apr-util as well.
>
> It's one thing that i think is holding back apr a little.

Definitely. Some research over the last few days has found a lot of
public domain material in the ASF repositories, so I think it's
hostable. (releasable as ASF software on the other hand is a grey area,
but then this need never release).

	http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/examples/

seem reasonable? With a hello world at;

	http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/examples/trunk/helloworld/