apr-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Bundled hello world
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 21:41:30 GMT

A bundled hello world, in somewhere like docs/helloworld/ might be
useful for encouraging adoption. Every time I have to write an APR app,
I remember how hard getting the basic build-envrionment right is.

So, it'd be a helloworld.c (this is a solved problem), the autoconf foo
for *nix, and build environments that work for the other platforms. The
idea being that adopters would have a massive head start and be able to
take it and start modifying it to create new apps, or to use it as a
reference for existing projects.

Sound sane? Or something that's better placed elsewhere?