apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Home for apr-based wrappers?
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:49:06 GMT
On 10/31/05, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> What sort of home should the apr project adopt, in order to leverage all the
> interesting things that can be implemented as coherent apr packagelets?

Personally, I think what's needed is a bit different from the options
you present.  I'd like to see something along the lines of the Jakarta
Commons project, just built on top of APR.  Similar to the Apache
Commons project that was tried a while back, but limited to things
built on top of APR, rather than trying to unify all the various
"commons" type projects out there.

I really think that for many of these projects all we really need to
provide for them to be more heavily used is a spot in the repository
and a mailing list to develop them on.  Once that's in place we can
try working towards a system to make it easier to build and use them,
but that can come in a second pass, IMO.

View raw message