apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilan Paretsky" <Ilan.Paret...@ericom.com>
Subject Commercial product Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect uses APR
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 13:06:19 GMT
Dear Madam/Sir,

I am pleased to inform you that we are using the Apache Portable Runtime
(APR) in our commercial product Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect.

Using APR we have been able to successfully maintain a single C++ source
package that we use to compile our product for both Linux and Windows.

In addition, PowerTerm WebConnect has been verified to be LSB compliant,
and has successfully undergone IBM's Application Advantage(tm) for Linux
(Chiphopper(tm)):
http://www.developer.ibm.com/isv/eserver/advantage/index.html

About our product PowerTerm WebConnect:

Enterprise-wide Application Access and Delivery is an important part of
empowering the workforce of effective and efficient organizations.
PowerTerm WebConnect provides access to Windows Terminal Server and
legacy applications from both Linux and Windows desktops - with 100%
compatibility for all Windows applications, or any file format.
PowerTerm WebConnect is a Server Base Computing offering available on
Linux and Windows servers, providing companies and their IT
organizations with overall IT flexibility.

Key PowerTerm WebConnect benefits include:

*         Cost savings - a single solution to access Windows Terminal
Servers and Legacy system applications

*         Enhanced RDP & Windows connectivity

*         Preserves existing IT investment

*         Enables enterprises to take advantage of the cost-benefits of
a Linux, while still making full use of their Windows applications

*         Eliminates the complexity associated with software
distribution, backups and disaster recovery

*         Reduces risks associated with viruses and other potential
security threats

*         Centralized management and remote support tools improves IT
system management, reduces desktop support load and lowers total cost of
ownership

*         Easy integration with IBM Portal and Workplace

Ericom has developed PowerTerm WebConnect to deliver all these features
and benefits at a substantially lower TCO than any other combination of
partial solutions.    With PowerTerm WebConnect, organizations are on
track for successful and cost effective Enterprise Application Access
and Delivery.

About Ericom Software:

Ericom Software is a leading provider of Enterprise-Wide Application
Access and Delivery Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users
access enterprise mission-critical applications-More than a decade
later, Ericom continues to focus on its core business, while enabling
access to applications running on a broad range of Microsoft(r)
Windows(r) Terminal Servers, legacy and other systems, and providing
concrete business value through helping organizations realize the
benefits of their IT investments.

Ericom's expanding customer base spans 45 countries, is 20 thousand
strong and with over 5 million installations. Ericom has a global
presence in the United States and EMEA, and an extensive network of
distributors, strategic partners and OEM partners, throughout North
America, Europe, Asia and the Far East.

The Ericom website: http://www.ericom.com/

Ericom PowerTerm WebConnect: http://www.ericom.com/ptj.asp

PowerTerm WebConnect for Linux: http://www.ericom.com/WCLinux.asp

PowerTerm WebConnect for Windows: http://www.ericom.com/WCWindows.asp

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any additional details -

Sincerely

Ilan Paretsky

V.P. Marketing

Ericom Software