apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Home for apr-based wrappers?
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:24:51 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Monday 31 October 2005 18:01, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>>  [ ]  Weak integration, strong advertising, a CPAN-like repository of
>>       everything, individually obtainable and installable
>
> I like that in principle.  But it needs round tuits.  If the httpd experience
> and the various attempts to (find time to) build a better modules.apache.org
> are anything to go by, it's likely to remain a gleam in the eye.

Well, we are here to scratch our own individual itches, and occassionally the
collective itch.  There's no itch to scratch on any of these proposals, while
we continue to toss stuff into apr-util, or simply give up and host our add-ins
on our own servers.  (Or in the case of ap_regkey I mentioned, bury them over
in httpd or svn).

The more of us who have something vested in any wrappers-solution, by virtue
of writing wrappers or useful classes, the sooner there will be momentum to
create a wrappers-solution.  I'm not suggesting *everyone* with something to
contribute will be part of that effort, just that you need enough loose stones
on the cliff-side to create a rockslide.

Bill