apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Moving external lib independant code from apr-util to apr
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:34:54 GMT
Hi all,

Since apr-util mostly contains third-party libraries
wrappers, and some code completely independent of any
platform, I propose that we move that independent code
from apr-util to apr, and since the API itself won't
change it will not bring any build problems for
apr/apr-util based application.

IMHO the apr-util should become interface over the
existing third-party libraries, like iconv, xml, db,
dbm, ldap, etc...

Things like buckets, sting manipulation, hooks, date, and others
stuff that is completely dependent only on the apr should be
moved to the apr itself.

What do you think of that proposal?

Regards,
Mladen.