apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject [vote] include apr_memcache into the apr-util trunk
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:23:02 GMT
Hi.

I've been making more and more use of this library, and I think it would
  benefit APR and it's userbase significantly if it was included in the
core codebase in apr-util.

apr_memcache is library which lets your process talk to a set of
distributed memcached servers (see www.danga.com/memcached/) and allows
you to have one shared cache across a group of machines with a simple to
use interface.

I have used this code personally for:
- a module to provide bandwidth protection over a server farm
- to cache intermediate results off a busy server. (instead of using
shared mem)

and I'm sure there are others who have used it successfully as well.

the code is currently sitting here:

http://www.outoforder.cc/projects/libs/apr_memcache/

This is assuming Paul is OK with it of course.

regards
Ian.