apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: iconv - mistake #27?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 15:59:54 GMT
Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 12:01:07AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>>Well... it's pretty clear iconv has no more eyes than three, and half
>>of those are not project members.
>
> For what it's worth, I've put in the time to review and test each of the
> proposals you posted, but saw little point in voting. Nevertheless; +1.
> You can decide what weight to afford it ;) (non-PMC, committer-in-limbo,
> so I suspect zero)

Actually, this project is very quick to grab up contributors :)  We are
just waiting on the right switches to be thrown for your commit bits.

> An acknowledged problem with apr-iconv though, is that there's hardly
> anything to develop.

Very little to develop, some maintenace to be done.  But if fewer than
three folks are monitoring this effort, then it's ASF policy to find at
least three, or dump it.  It wouldn't be the first time, serf never made
it either in apr-land.

Bill