apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: apr-util/xml/expat/autom4te/* and aclocal.m4
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 04:06:38 GMT
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 06:26:28PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
> One observation, one question w.r.t. the 0.9.x ./buildconf;
>
> I noticed that someone tried to add the removal of autom4te from
> (apparently) xml/expat/ - but failed since the previous (cd
> xml/expat;) was in another scope. I'll patch 0.9.x and trunk (not
> expecting a bunch of things to happen in any other branch.)

trunk looks fine; the change to also remove autom4te*.cache in the
xml/expat/buildconf.sh is missing from the 0.9.x branch.

It is desired behaviour for the top-level buildconf script to remove the
autom4te*.cache directories before and after running autoconf, that's
not a mistake.  (hence the word "again" in the comment on the trunk)

> But my question is, why leave aclocal.m4 in expat/xml when the notes in the
> script observed that the root apr-util/aclocal.m4 could break some builds?

Shrug.  What problem are you seeing?

joe