apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject apr_dbd_reset
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:08:40 GMT
A couple of weeks back, Brian France identified some problems with
mod_dbd.  This arose originally with the APR/AP split, when my original
proposal passed two pools in apr_dbd_open.  After this was reduced
to one, mod_dbd passed an inappropriate pool in ap_dbd_acquire.
Fixing that lost the connection cleanup between different requests.

To deal with that, I've just added apr_dbd_reset(driver, handle) to the
API.  Drivers should use it to perform any cleanup that might be
necessary on a connection, and I'm adding it to mod_dbd in
the relevant places (for trunk).

Review invited.

--
Nick Kew