apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.9.7 ready to rock n' roll?
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:11:10 GMT
On 9/21/05, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> How close are we?  Are you sitting on a patch in your local checkout?

The recent netware fixes have been so that we could eventually put
this into Apache 2.0, to resolve a regression from 1.3:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=104019&view=rev
(need to run piped loggers via the shell)

That was held up because the APR cmdtype processing on NetWare had
some assumptions about tbe address space in which the child ran.  The
assumptions weren't stated in the API, and a new API had to be added
to pass that info to APR.

I played with this Apache change recently on Windows (set server/log.c
to run piped loggers via the shell), but I thought I noticed some
pop-up behavior which might indicate that APR on Windows needs some
tweaking in its support for running commands via the shell.  It would
be good for somebody else to have a look.