apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [Vote] 1.2.2 releases
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:09:45 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

>>Please test and vote :)  httpd-2.1.8, at least on Win32, will be built
>>upon this flavor.
>
> Eww.  If it's called 2.1.8 it better be built from the same sources on
> all platforms.

Actually, I'm under the impression that httpd will designate "Must be
be built with apr version n.x.y or later" - later meaning a version n
which is no less than minor rev x, subrev y.

I also had the impression that httpd'ers didn't plan to bundle apr
(although for a binary distro like win32, of course we will.)

So httpd should become decoupled from the bugs in apr.  But I could
be way misunderstanding things :-)

Bill