apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Novell LDAP SDK / apr-util support on hpux and aix
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:22:49 GMT
Hi all,

I have just added support for the Novell LDAP SDK to the autoconf stuff
for Linux and Solaris. The Novell SDK also supports HPUX and AIX,
although I do not have access to these machines and so cannot test
whether apr-util can detect them correctly. Is there anyone with access
to HPUX or AIX who can test this?

The SDK can be downloaded from http://developer.novell.com/ndk/cldap.htm.

The magic lines for Linux and Solaris are in build/apu-conf.m4:

  APU_FIND_LDAPLIB("ldapsdk", "-lldapx -lldapssl -lldapgss -lgssapi_krb5")
  APU_FIND_LDAPLIB("ldapsdk", "-lldapx -lldapssl -lldapgss -lgss
-lresolv -lsocket")

Two new lines would need to be added for HPUX and AIX, the stuff that
will probably need to be changed from the above is the "-lgssapi_krb5"
and "-lgss -lresolv -lsocket".

The ./configure line to build this is:

./configure --with-apr=../apr --with-ldap
--with-ldap-include=/path/include/ --with-ldap-lib=/path/lib/

Could someone with access to HPUX and AIX give this a test for me?

Regards,
Graham