apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Update on apr 1.2.2-dev progress
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:39:00 GMT
As expected, our most closely scrutinized platform (Linux) passes the
APR test suite flawlessly.  But this is not a beta ;-)

I spent time on Win32 this weekend, where "Large Files not supported"
is a test error (and in fact, WinNT does support sparse files if we
provide the API.)  Various test framework bugs are on my plate, waiting
to be committed.

The testpipe and testsock elements simply hang, so there is something
also probably in the framework (e.g. poll on f.d.'s which Win32 apr.h
defined already as unsupported).

I'll also be vetting OS/X.  I'd appreciate anyone else who wants to vet
1.2.2's pending release based on branches/1.2.x/.  And of course, if
there are backports to bug fixes that you desire, get em in quick(!)

With httpd 2.1.7-beta just released, based on apr 1.2.1, I'll defer
rolling 1.2.2 till Friday so we can see what bug reports immediately
crop up.

Bill