apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r265755 - in /apr/apr-util/trunk/ldap: apr_ldap_init.c apr_ldap_option.c
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 08:53:42 GMT
Branko ─îibej wrote:

> I wish that were true. People use Subversion (client-only, of course) on
> Win98. I could hardly believe it myself, but it's a fact.

Enough people to make it worth worrying about?

I don't think we should be releasing crippled software to work around
Microsoft bugs that have Microsoft supported fixes, people should rather
apply the fix.

If it's impractical, we can always release a "cut down" version of APR
for the benefit of older platforms, marking it clearly as a version
supporting the older platforms only.

Regards,
Graham