apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [Fwd: [users@httpd] Mod_auth_ldap and Novell e-dir]
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:35:45 GMT
Question; is the toolkit detection actually working now in trunk?

Sure sounds like something we need to fix.  I'm getting really tired
of bubblegum and bailing wire added to our AutoConf scripts, just to
hack through some new, desired feature.  Either the detection needs
to be correct, or we gotta start vetoing some new proposed features.

Bill

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [users@httpd] Mod_auth_ldap and Novell e-dir
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:20:50 -0500
From: Craig L. Ching <cching@mqsoftware.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>

Hi,

I'm trying to build an apache (2.0.54 on SunOS 7) that will be able to
interface with Novell e-Directory to authenticate users using
mod_auth_ldap.  I have a build that works using the OpenLDAP libraries
and normal ldap://, but when we try to do the same thing using ldaps://,
I get errors that indicate that OpenLDAP doesn't support the DER
encoding for the certificate.

So I was thinking of using the Novell LDAP SDK, but that doesn't appear
to be straight-forward.  Using the following options:

   --with-ldap=ldapsdk \

--with-ldap-include=/export/home/cching/novell/cldap_2005.07.18/include
\
   --with-ldap-lib=/export/home/cching/novell/cldap_2005.07.18/lib \
   --enable-ldap=static \
   --enable-auth-ldap=static \

I get the following compile error:

"util_ldap.c", line 1568: undefined symbol: LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE

So, delving into this a bit further, I see a preprocessor macro:

APR_HAS_NOVELL_LDAPSDK

That looks interesting.  AFAICT, the only way to turn this on is by
using srclib/apr-util/include/apr_ldap.hnw for apr_ldap.h.  Copying that
over gets me further, except that I get these link errors:

ild: (undefined symbol) ldapssl_init -- referenced in the text segment
of modules/experimental/.libs/mod_ldap.a(util_ldap.o)

So, has anyone gotten the Novell LDAP SDK to work?  Any other hints for
how I could go about making mod_auth_ldap work with Novell e-Dir?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
Craig