apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [users@httpd] Mod_auth_ldap and Novell e-dir]
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:39:20 GMT
   I don't think that the work has been done to use the Novell LDAP SDK
on any other platform other than NetWare.  Mainly because the OpenLDAP
client SDK works just fine although it is correct that OpenLDAP does not
support the DER cert format.  But this should not be a problem when
connecting to an eDir server because the eDir server will support B64 as
well.  The certificate just needs to be exported from eDir in B64 format
so that it is compatible with OpenLDAP rather than DER format.

Brad

<43176621.6080300@rowe-clan.net>, "William A. Rowe, Jr."
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
wrote:
> Question; is the toolkit detection actually working now in trunk?
>
> Sure sounds like something we need to fix.  I'm getting really tired
> of bubblegum and bailing wire added to our AutoConf scripts, just to
> hack through some new, desired feature.  Either the detection needs
> to be correct, or we gotta start vetoing some new proposed features.
>
> Bill

--with-ldap-include=/export/home/cching/novell/cldap_2005.07.18/include
> \
>    --with-ldap-lib=/export/home/cching/novell/cldap_2005.07.18/lib \
>    --enable-ldap=static \
>    --enable-auth-ldap=static \
>
> I get the following compile error:
>
> "util_ldap.c", line 1568: undefined symbol:
LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE