apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: possible bug in apr_dbd_sqlite3.c
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:39:35 GMT
On Friday 16 September 2005 19:55, Ronen Mizrahi wrote:
> Thank you for responding.
> May I ask also a question about the apr_dbd interface and how it should
> be used with sqlite in order to roll back a transaction. I was looking
> for a way to rollback a transaction, and it looks like the interface
> right now allows one to start a transaction and to commit it but it does
> not allow one to roll it back. I ended up using apr_dbd_select() with an
> SQL string of "ROLLBACK",

Erm, presumably you mean query rather than select?

> is this how the interface intends for users to
> do it?

Yes.  It's a simple interface, leaving you the option to use SQL or
native-C-API to extend it where necessary.  If your application wants
rollback in cases other than an error condition, you should probably
ignore apr_dbd_transaction and do it yourself.  Doing it with
apr_dbd_query and SQL commands should be portable across most
backends:-)

> Should there perhaps be function in apr_dbd for rollback?

It's a thought for future versions: maybe end_transaction could have
a parameter to indicate commit or rollback.  But API changes that break
back-compatibility will be treated with caution, and can only happen in
a major version change.

--
Nick Kew