apr-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Keiner <rick_kei...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: possible bug in apr_dbd_sqlite3.c
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:21:37 GMT
The interface only provides a way to start the
transaction and end the transaction. The "ROLLBACK"
will be performed if there is an error reported from
the database during any part of the transaction. This
doesn't give the application, through the interface,
any way to roll back the transaction based on some
other criteria. I say "through the interface" since
the apr_dbd_query does give you a way to roll it back.

Is this adequate? Should there be an explicit function
in the API for rolling back a transaction? I can see
where mixing API calls and using explicit SQL commands
can lead to problems.

Rick Keiner