apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Single-maintainer platforms was Re: RTC killed the open source project
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:45:01 GMT
--On August 9, 2005 10:38:28 AM -0600 Brad Nicholes <BNICHOLES@novell.com>
wrote:

> But on the other hand, there shouldn't be a reason why apr-util can't be
> released at anytime regardless of why.  If there is a linkage between
> apr 1.2.0 and apr-util 1.2.0 that just means that they happen to be
> released at the same time.  There is nothing sacred about what the
> version numbers happen to be or if they happen to be the same.  If
> apr-dbd isn't ready to be released yet but apr-util is, then where is
> the real hold up?

No, the problem is that Netware's build system is broken.  It shouldn't be
tied together by version.  Keeping them tied together breaks our compatibility
rules.  We should always be able to mix and match apr and apr-util versions.

Since Netware only has one maintainer, if it's not important for you to fix
it, then it's not important enough to block a release.  -- justin