apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Suggestion
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:33:12 GMT
At 01:38 PM 8/20/2005, Alex G. wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I just joined the list and am not sure if this topic has been already
>discussed.
>
>The idea to have platform independent API for different platforms is great.
>But, that makes me think that if APR could provide Java interfaces to APR,
>that could bring a big benefit to Java Developers who are struggling with
>creating own implementation of common things like network functions, etc.

It has :)  I've proposed the oo-dev@apr list to develop one
framework, implemented in java, c++, .NET, perl, what have you,
using consistent namespaces and construction/destruction
logic and object scope for any object-oriented wrapper.

So that, jumping from java to mod_perl, for example, everyone
would be on the same page and moving from language to language
for the developer would be trivial.

Bill