apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Creating .so with static APR
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:32:27 GMT
At 07:07 AM 8/13/2005, Ryan Bloom wrote:
>I have created a dynamic Apache 1.3 module with APR statically linked
>in, so I know it is possible.  I have never tried loading multiple
>modules like this into a single running Apache however.

It's portable if we don't load each module LTDL_GLOBAL (?) but
since we do, all modules are promiscuously placed into the global
namespace.

The *right* thing to do in httpd2.2 is probably quit loading global,
since we getsym the module structure, and launch everything from
there.  Perhaps, if a user needs all the symbols, they can use
LoadFile to obtain those.  All of this needs an extra flavor of
apr_dso_load, of course.

All this is possible considering registered hooks and registered
functions provide us all the entry points we should need.

Bill