apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Single-maintainer platforms was Re: RTC killed the open source project
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:26:01 GMT
--On August 9, 2005 11:17:31 AM -0600 Brad Nicholes <BNICHOLES@novell.com>
wrote:

>   But that is beside the point.  Nothing should block a release for an
> extended period of time which apr-dbd apparently is.  There are
> technical reasons why apr and apr-util is built together into a single
> library on the NetWare platform.  99% of the time this is not a problem.
>  But in this one case because of the refactoring of the LDAP code within
> apr-util, changes in apr-util affected the build files for apr on
> NetWare.

But, we're not trying to do an apr-util release!

Our policy (discussed before here on dev@) is that apr and apr-util are
independent libraries that need not share version numbers or release cycles.

Hence, Netware is blocking the apr (not apr-util!) release when every other
platform allows them to be split up properly.

If anyone else could fix Netware, we would have done so.  -- justin