apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Reducing #ifdef burden on APR applications
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:07:20 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

 > apr_reslist seems like a good candidate to do the right thing when
 > !APR_HAS_THREADS.

Indeed.  Now where's my box of round tuits?

> If APR always provides such APIs and acts like they work, what is to
> signal to a threaded APR app that they are picking up a non-threaded
> libapr?

With reference to anything in particular?  Surely you wouldn't use
apr_thread_mutex unless you were using apr_threads?  Doesn't that
principle extend to other applications?

Your Solaris/Apache13 story is a different scenario where two
executables (apache and the module) with different and incompatible
assumptions were linked.  In APR terms, it sounds more like linking
a threaded and an unthreaded APR into the same application.

--
Nick Kew