apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject apr_bucket_read() and data lifetimes
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:39:49 GMT
Hi all,

I have a deluge of a few questions about the apr_bucket_read() function
within apr-util.

When you call it, it returns a buffer containing a length of data. When
I tried to use it on a 1.7MB file, it gave me the entire 1.7MB of data
in one go in a single buffer. What would happen if the file was 1GB in
size? Is there a cut off point somewhere for this?

When the bucket is deleted using apr_bucket_delete(), is the bucket
deleted straight away, or only when the enclosing pool is cleared?

Regards,
Graham