apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: APR 1.2.1
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:39:19 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> APR 1.2.1  is available for testing from:
> http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/apr-1.2.1/
>
> Just a small change from 1.2.0, fixing condition variables on win32.
>
> Please test and vote on releasing.

Seems to work fine my Linux box, but I'm having trouble with the tests
on Mac OS X 10.4.2.

First, the tests won't run because they're referencing installed
libraries (which don't exist) rather than local ones.  This is the
problem pointed out by Sander Temme on the last tarball.  Doesn't seem
like a showstopper though, since all it does is keep you from running
the tests.

Then, once I run 'make install' so the tests can run testsock seem to go
into an infinite loop in the sockchild binary, it seems to be looping
around the apr_wait_for_io_or_timeout in apr_socket_recv.  The actual
testall process appears to be stuck in apr_proc_wait waiting for
sockchild to die.  This appears to be the same problem that Justin
pointed out with the last tarball.  This problem seems slightly more
worrisome, and I'm a little uncomfortable voting +1 on the tarball as a
result.

Does anyone who knows the pollset/sockets code have any idea what could
cause this kind of thing?

-garrett