apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: apr_dbd
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 20:33:36 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

> Anyway, as I said, a placeholder now fixes that.

Out of curiosity, is there any reason we can't just forward declare the
struct and access the internals via some accessor functions?  I mean
it's a database library, so it's going to be doing a lot of I/O, I can't
imagine the overhead of the function calls would be that big of a
problem in this case...  That would allow us to extend it indefinitely
in the future, as opposed to the limited extensibility provided by
padding out the struct in the public header file.

-garrett