apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Single-maintainer platforms was Re: RTC killed the open source project
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:17:31 GMT
  But that is beside the point.  Nothing should block a release for an
extended period of time which apr-dbd apparently is.  There are
technical reasons why apr and apr-util is built together into a single
library on the NetWare platform.  99% of the time this is not a problem.
 But in this one case because of the refactoring of the LDAP code within
apr-util, changes in apr-util affected the build files for apr on
NetWare.
  NetWare is not blocking a release of anything.  It's code is ready to
go.  It is the fact that apr-dbd API's are not fully cooked and ready to
be released that is blocking things.  There have been other changes
within apr-util besides the NetWare build code that should be released
as well.  But they also can't be released because of apr-dbd.  If
apr-dbd is going to continue to hold up a release of apr-util for any
reason, it needs to be pulled off into it's own -dev branch until it is
ready.

Brad