apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: RTC killed the open source project
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:38:28 GMT
But on the other hand, there shouldn't be a reason why apr-util can't be
released at anytime regardless of why.  If there is a linkage between
apr 1.2.0 and apr-util 1.2.0 that just means that they happen to be
released at the same time.  There is nothing sacred about what the
version numbers happen to be or if they happen to be the same.  If
apr-dbd isn't ready to be released yet but apr-util is, then where is
the real hold up?

Brad

<42F8D93B.1030306@force-elite.com>, Paul Querna <chip@force-elite.com>
wrote:

>> <20050809161613.GA2687@redhat.com>, jorton@redhat.com wrote:
>>
>>>Or just release as-is, if nobody is going to fix the Netware build
>>
>> then
>>
>>>Netware won't work, big deal.  All three Netware users can write in
>>
>> and
>>
>>>ask for their money back :)
>>>
>>>joe
>>

>> Oh come on,  it's not the NetWare build process that is holding the
>> release of apr-util 1.2.0 back, it is the stability of apr-dbd.
>

> It is, since I only wanted to Release APR 1.2.0, and not APR-Util.
The