apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: APR/APR-Util 1.2.0
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:16:26 GMT
On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 09:39:53AM -0700, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> Since apparently we require a release of APR-Util 1.2.0 to go along with
> APR 1.2.0, and the only thing holding back APR-Util 1.2.0 is the fact
> that the APR-DBD interfaces are going to change in the very near future
> so that they can support Oracle, does anyone see a problem with simply
> removing the DBD portions of the code from 1.2.0 and leaving it till 1.3.0?

Without DBD there are no new interfaces on the trunk (that are
documented in CHANGES anyway), so the minor version bump would not be
necessary.  But it would not violate the versioning rules, so I suppose
it's not a problem.  It's just a bit odd, and it sucks to have the
apr-util release cycle beholden to the apr Netware build system.

joe