apr-dev mailing list archives

From mark.atw...@jpmorgan.com
Subject Buffered I/O - Suggestion
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:12:41 GMT

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the APR.

However in use - particularly of network sockets - I have noted that I/O
doesn't ever appear to be buffered?

I've taken a look at the code:  One could have 'set input/output buffer'
calls on the sockets - though it would mean that the poll call would have
to check these buffers before resorting to the OS call.

We could do buffering at a higher-level, however it would seem nice if APR
could (optionally) do it?

Is there a reason - possibly 'philosophically' why this couldn't/shouldn't
be done?

...or have I missed something?

TVMIA

Mark

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates.