apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject apr-util and iconv failure on solaris v2.8
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:48:38 GMT
Hi all,

After building subversion v1.2.1 against apr-util v1.1.2, the subversion
binary refuses to run, failing like so:

bash-2.03$ /usr/local/bin/svn --helpld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/svn: fatal:
relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0: symbol
libiconv_open: referenced symbol not found

Some digging finds that the symbol libiconv_open is referenced from
apr-util, but apr-util does not link to any library that provides iconv.

The ./configure script searches for and detects the inconv.h header files
correctly, but nowhere does the ./configure script try and add an -liconv
to the LDFLAGS, thus the problem:

bash-2.03$ /usr/local/bin/apu-1-config --libs
 -lldap -ldl -lpthread -ldb-4.2 -lexpat

Unless I am missing something obvious, I cannot see how apr-util ever
worked on Solaris, unless it was linking to an iconv providing library by

Am I missing something obvious here?

View raw message