apr-dev mailing list archives

From E Holyat <ehol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] APR 1.2.0
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:51:24 GMT
Here is a patch for win32 that has been tested extensively for a few months now.  I submitted
it to bugzilla

The previous patch addressed only the unlock being called more than once.

This attachment avoids race conditions that the previous patch doesn't. This patch also fixes
the multiple calls to unlock. This patch also consolidates the the duplicate efforts in apr_thread_cond_wait
and apr_thread_cond_timedwait

Cliff Woolley <jwoolley@virginia.edu> wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Paul Querna wrote:

> > -1 for Win32, the condvars deadlock is a serious bug. I knew this is not
> > news, but as the patch had been available for quite a while, is it
> > possible to get it fixed?
>
> No.
>
> I will not commit such a platform specific patch. Anyone who actually
> compiles APR on win32 that wants to do it?

I'll set up a build on my windows box at work this afternoon and check it
out if OtherBill doesn't beat me to it.

--Cliff